IMNSHO Mail on the iPad and OS X should have:
- Support for Multiple Identities
- This is a no brainer. Every other mail application has had support for this feature since somewhere around 1997. Having multiple "From" addresses is not the same as multiple identities. The Latter includes changes to "Name", "From", "Signature", PGP-Key
- There are multiple use cases for this
- When I brought this up to the reps at the Apple Store their solutions were just ridiculous:
- Create multiple 'sender accounts' that remain 'off line'
- Use MobileMe (don't know how that one was supposed to help)
- Do things a different way
- Use GMail or Thunderbird
- PGP/GPG Support
- C'mon PGP's been around since I was in high school (and I'm in my 30s).
- Ability to display Full-Headers
- It's useful.
- ServerSide Filter Support
- Sieve plugins are available for most other Email Applications
- Associating a default email address with a particular mail folder
I'm thinking of implementing the above in an app myself but with Apple's fickle approval process I'm reluctant to put in the time and effort only to be rejected for vague reasons.
Until I figure something else out, it's just mutt+msmtp, which I love by the way.